With their offices located behind the Jubilee Parish Office in the Rosalie precinct, the Emmanuel Community is a vibrant and diverse Catholic mission community in the Archdiocese of Brisbane called to be a force for renewal in the Church and the transformation of the world.
As individuals, families and as a whole community we are called to exercise the charisms God has given us and advance the mission to which we’ve been called.
The activities of Emmanuel spring forth from our way of life and are an integral part of our mission. They include:
- General Community Gathering where the community comes together for corporate worship, preaching and ministry,
- Formation in the Christian Life and in the Way of Life of the Community
- Regular Eucharistic Celebrations
- Fellowship which includes both formal and informal gatherings
- Home Groups and Small Groups which are the basic pastoral unit of the community
- Emmanuel Youth Outreach is a ministry of the Community which exists to create places and opportunities in the Catholic Church where young people in Brisbane and beyond can personally experience Jesus, grow together in faith, and be empowered by the Spirit for mission in the world. (www.eyouth.com.au)
- emmanuelworship is the worship arm of the community and is all about wanting people to know that God has not abandoned them - God is with us. Our vision is to broadcast praise and bring a river of worship flowing into the dry places of peoples' hearts (Isaiah 43:19). (www.emmanuelworship.com)
- School of Mission provides practical, theologically sound formation through a variety of modules and incorporating those new dimensions of evangelisation according to John Paul II's vision of a 'new evangelisation'.
- CREAM (Community Retirees Energised And Motivated) is a ministry of Emmanuel members who are no longer in the workforce and who desire to continue to live as active disciples of Jesus. Our vision is to provide a place of nourishment and support for people in a similar stage of life.
- A Prayer & Healing Ministry has been established so as to minister the Lord's healing and mercy to his people.
- Impact is a mission outreach to Uganda, which was established to respond to the practical needs emerging from Emmanuel's outreach to Uganda. This ministry focuses on caring for the poor including areas such as health, education and life skills.
- Emmanuel Resources has been established so that new materials developed in the community particularly in the areas of youth ministry and worship ministry could be disseminated throughout the country. (www.emmanuelresources.com.au)
- The international Catholic Fraternity of Communities provides us with a framework on which we build relationships with other communities, both on a national and international level and engage in common mission. For further information see www.catholicfraternity.net
Every Sunday the Emmanuel Community celebrate mass at St Mary Magdalene Church Bardon at 10am – all welcome.